Name this company!
Test your business knowledge by naming this company.
- We have conducted business in Canada for more than 130 years
- Throughout that time we have maintained a consistent program of innovation
- We have been long time supporters of community activities across Canada
- Our shareholders have benefited mightily
- Corporate social responsibility is very high on our agenda
- We operate a significant asset in the Northwest Territories
- Our logo phonetically spells out the initials of our early shareholder
- Over the years we have diversified our business: for a period of time we were producing building products as part of a vertical integration program
- One of our more popular spokesmen became a TV personality as a result of our advertising campaign
- We were involved in uranium exploration
- For many years we owned operations in South America
- Many of employees have gone on to major positions in our industry
- Our financial credentials are substantial including a price earnings multiple of 12, a price to book ratio of 3.5, a five year earnings per share growth of 10%, a 95% equity to total capital and a return on shareholders equity of 19%
- Our executives and technical people have moved into key positions with our related companies across the world
- Considerable controversy surrounds one of our significant operations
- We continue to prosper and as far as can be seen our business is solid now and will continue to be so
Come back next week to find out which company this is and to continue discussions about the comings and goings of corporate Canada.